Google Monopoly Design your own MONOPOLY Building Competition. Starting today, you'll be able to play MONOPOLY as it's never been played before: The whole world will be up for sale. Anyone, anywhere will be able to own real streets and build their own online city.
The launch clock is ticking, and we still need some new mega structures – and that's where you come in.
We've enlisted Google's help to find three new MONOPOLY game pieces. You have the chance to have YOUR building design (and bearing YOUR name) included in the biggest game of MONOPOLY of all time.
Use Google SketchUp to design a 3D building, then upload your dream structure to the Google 3D Warehouse to enter it into the competition. You'll need to be at least 13 years old to participate, and you'll need to agree to these Terms and Conditions.
The deadline to submit is Sunday, September 27, 2009 at midnight, EST.
If global MONOPOLY fame and fortune isn't enough, you also have a chance to win a Google SketchUp Pro 7 license (US $495 value). Two runners-up will also have their models used in the online game of MONOPOLY City Streets.
Here's how it works:
1. Download Google SketchUp for free. SketchUp is available for both Windows and Macintosh computers.
2. Learn to build 3D models with SketchUp by watching video tutorials and related YouTube videos. Download and work through a few examples using these self-paced tutorials: Introduction to SketchUp, Starting a Drawing Part 1, Part 2, and Part 3.
3. From SketchUp, choose "Share Model" and upload your 3D building to the Google 3D Warehouse (you must have a Google account to sign in).
4. In the upload window, add the tag "monopolycompetition09" and make sure that you've checked "Allow 3D Warehouse users to contact me about this model" so we can contact you if you win!
5. Within 48 hours, your model/entry will appear in the Competition Collection in the Google 3D Warehouse.
· Buildings can be any size and any shape
· Buildings must not have photo-textures; they must be painted with solid colors
· The file size limit is 2 MB
· The file format should be .SKP
A few quick tips:
1. Keep it simple. Or not. Our judges will be looking at ALL designs – simple and complex.
2. Go crazy. Remember, the MONOPOLY world is a brilliantly fun place. Make your building the same! Go wild and have oodles of fun doing it.
3. Upload as many designs as you want. The more you submit, the greater the chance of your design winning!
4. For some inspiration check out some sample creations already in the Google 3D Warehouse Competition Collection.
Key dates to remember:
Sunday 27 September 2009 midnight EST - Competition closes
Wednesday 30 September 2009 midnight EST - Our jury will select 3 building designs from the top rated designs and notify the winners. We will also need to verify eligibility requirements at this stage
Tuesday 6 October 2009 midnight EST - Winners will be announced
October 2009 - The winners’ buildings become part of a global game of MONOPOLY (courtesy: monopolycitystreets.com)